Wednesday 12 January 2011

Zelda-ish pillow

I made my gf a spritepillow for christmas. She's a big fairy-fan. And I'm a zelda-fan, so I took the sprite of the fairy mother from link to the past and tailored it to my gf's needs.

For example, she thought the wings were to angelic, so I made butterfly wings and I changed the colours because she really like silver and blue. And I added a row of pixels in the middle of the sprite, so I could add a necklace and a flower crown. 

Here is a picture of the original sprite on the left and on the right my version.


So then I bought a cloth of silver cotton and painted the sprite with fabric-paint. It took me about 13 hours to paint it. And afterwards, I had to make a pillow and because it was my first time on a sewing machine, that also took me a couple of hours.

A picture before I made the pillow


And here is the final product.



My sister asked for a dragonite sprite pillow. I hope that one doesn't take me 15 hours to make as well =)



No comments:

Post a Comment